Friday, September 17, 2004

Gonna be some changes made.

Ok, so I will go out on a limb here.

I LOVE Bruce Hornsby. Oh yes. Not that way, of course.

Today I talked to my Turks, who confirmed my worst fears: not only would Chicago be expensive, but also that I would be there until we left SUNDAY NIGHT. That just won't do. With a measure of sadness, I told them that I would have to take a raincheck. I be po', and I fervently desire some much-needed sleep.

Oh GOD, did I turn down Turkish fun in the nation's third largest city for SLEEP??! I just took that turn down the road to being old and decrepit.

To bring soothing salve to my open wounds, I went to Borders. Oh yes, Borders. Whilst there frolicking amongst thousands of tasty desireables, I found Bruce Hornsby's latest two efforts, a greatest hits album called Greatest Radio Hits and his most recent album, Halcyon Days. Let me tell you: they are both intensely delightful.

You counter: couldn't you have used that money to go to Chicago? Haven't you been reading? Sleep, my friends, lots of it. You are going to have to water me and turn me towards a natural light source.

At any rate, as a consolation prize, I have managed to procure a ticket to see the Mevlevi dervishes perform their Sufi rituals (ie, whirling) tomorrow night. No, I am not going to tell you how I got the tickets.

*sound of knife being cleansed*

So, you don't know about the dervishes? Send me an email if you are curious. That's right: it's bedtime for Bonzo. How pathetic. I need to be executed.

Zzzzzz....

Demir (Dom)

No comments: