Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

There'll be foreigners crying
Advisors are sighing
No time for good cheeeeeer
OOOOOHH it's the most wonderful time
of
the
YEEEEEAR [!]

Fear not, ye few but faithful. As I navigate my own, private hell (paper after paper and a project with a partner who, at her sharpest, has the mental acumen of a Tupperware container full of sun-baked German potato salad) and my work hell (Mr. Rotolli, sir, I am starting work tomorrow, I don't have the requisite forms filled out at all and my employer has vowed to call and email you every twenty-seven seconds until you break down and authorize me for employment. Did I mention that, with my $15,000 signing bonus, I will make seven times what you make in a year in the span of four months? I know because I checked your salary out online), I will be unable to spend whatever precious time I am not working, sleeping, eating, or tending to my hellish needs in front of a computer this week.

Until Saturday, I remain,

Domonic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there little buckaroo. Summertime is coming.

Anonymous said...

would be great if you had the power to make sure that the best job a student could get would be flippin burgers.....